Wednesday, July 8, 2015

head space

I have been hiring a gal to come and watch my boys for 4 hour blocks of time so I can work uninterrupted and run errands that are easier done alone.  So I was looking forward to today since our sitter was coming.  
Some days have a life of their own though.   I left the house in a hurry so I could get going on my list, only to realize after I arrived at the post office that my purse was still at my house.  So I decided I would just do it later and I'd head to the library instead, I don't need money at the library but I could work.  Only, I got stuck behind a truck that quit working at an intersection where there was a riding lawn mower going.  Which set my allergies off. Glory.  After I finally got around the stalled out truck, I decided I needed a full re-boot.  So I went home, got my purse, got my oils and headed out....again.  There goes an hour of my time and it feels like I accomplished nothing.  Which isn't that big of a deal normally, but when you are on the clock with a sitter, it feels like a crying shame. haha.  
I ended up going to my favorite restaurant that has window bar seating.  I ordered a hummus board and some amazing juice and just gave in to the day.  I did a Periscope (are you on there yet?! come find me! @joyfullyjamie) and enjoyed a meal and tried to build some excitement with a project I am doing with my business builders. My list, flew out the window. lol.  
I needed some head space, to quiet my heart and soul.  And I took it.  I came home early from my outing (I did make it to the post office, again...) and warned the sitter to distract the boys so I could sneak in and hide out in my bedroom for a little while before my time is up.  The day didn't go like I planned, but it was still a wonderful day in the end.  




3 comments:

  1. Good ending. Make the best of any gift......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty lunch. And a babysitter for a loner date...perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've inspired me to load up periscope, but I'm still not entirely sure what it is and, so far, I only follow you! I'm at @westmetromommy

    ReplyDelete


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye